Go to top
- Located 124 nautical miles (199 kilometers) north of New York Harbor.
- Located 225 miles (362 kilometers) south of Montreal, 175 miles (282 kilometers) west of Boston. To the west are Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo, Toronto, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago and the Midwest.
- Deep water facilities are located on the Albany (west) and Rensselaer (east) sides of the river.
- Wharf length on the Albany (west) side of the river is 4,200 feet (1,280 meters) and on theÂ Rensselaer (east) side is 1,100 feet (335 meters).
- 10-acre open storage yard directly adjacent to the wharf at the Rensselaer Terminal.
- On-site customs and U.S. Department of Agriculture offices to help expedite cargo clearance.
- Five transit sheds and two backup warehouses totaling 350,000 square feet (32,500 square meters) of sprinklered storage.
- 13.5 million-bushel capacity grain elevator with a Peco loader.
- 18 million-gallon (68 million-liter) capacity bulk liquid storage (two terminals).
- 20-mile (32-kilometer) standard gauge switching railroad.
- Heavy lift on-dock rail capability.
- Super-sacking and debagging operation.
- 12-acre road salt depot.
- 12-acre scrap yard.
- 225-ton American Crawler Crane.
- Liebherr mobile harbor crane with lift capacity that ranges fromÂ 123 short tons at 65 feet to 38 short tons at 158 feet.